Monday, May 31, 2010

I am going to start keeping my old mantra once again... "It's not an option!"


Three months ago if I was bored I would get up and go for a run. Now I absolutely dread a run much less any kind of workout at all. My last post was about my frustration of where I have let myself get in such a short period of time. I want to share what where I am since my last blog.

I have realized that working full-time and going to school full-time has took a huge toll on my body. This is a season that God has me in and that is okay. I shouldn't be so hard on myself but regardless of how busy I am if I was taking better care of my body it would make school and work much easier and more enjoyable. Especially doing massage my body has to be healthy to give my clients my best.

Women, whatever season of life God has us in we are to, with our greatest ability, glorify Him. Our Creator takes joy in His glory. "Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." Thankfully, God does not design all of to be a size 4 and maintain it but we are be a good steward of the body we were given and glorify Him in that. Let's be women of good character who as a result take care of the bodies we were given.

I have said from the beginning of this blog that to be disciplined in your weight a lot of it relies on your mindset and your emotions. For the past couple of months I have been so completely frustrated, and almost depressed, by the numbers on the scale. This is not a mindset that I can be disciplined in. I finally found motivation in a friend yesterday. My amazing friend, Whitney, who has been on missions in the Philippines since January is back and ready to get back into her running routine. So am I! I want to be back to where I love to run. This is my motivation, not the scale. So this is the plan:

> 5K on Sept 6. It is the FCA 5K that I ran last year. I will run it 2 min. faster.
> Try to find a 10K in November
>Half marathon in Dec. that I will be able to run with Whitney and some other people.

I am going to start keeping my old mantra once again... "It's not an option!"

2 comments:

  1. Tara, you can do this! You motivate me to get off my butt! :)
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Go for it girl! You can do it!!
    Its so true, we are to glorify God in everything and that means taking care of our bodies. We serve better when we feel healthier.

    ReplyDelete