Monday, April 26, 2010

This blog will be about the trials.


So... its been 2 and a half months since I last posted. So sorry, as I am sure you guys have been on pins and needles waiting for my next blog. : ) A lot has happened in that time. I am working full time at the daycare now, I have started practicals at school (which adds another 6 hours a week), and I am being courted by an amazing man whose name is Jonathan.

So all this stuff that has been keeping me crazy busy has brought me into a new phase for my blog. In my first blog I told you guys that I would be sharing tips on how I lost weight as well as the trials I face to maintain my weight loss. This blog will be about the trials.

I have put off writing this because I didn't want to face this. I have gained about 15 lbs. That still doesn't seem like a ton to me considering how much I lost but I can definitely feel it. My energy has dropped, I am craving sweets and carbs non-stop, I feel horrible in the clothes I used to feel great in, and where I could knock out 6 miles without breathing hard and struggling to run 1. Even though there may not be a significant difference I know I am not taking care of my body the way I should be. In trying to find the reasoning behind this I now some of it is from being so busy but I also now if I was eating healthy and exercising like I should I could do the things I have to do a lot more efficiently. Some of it may be because I feel a lot more comfortable with myself after meeting Jonathan. He is so amazing and I am blessed just to know him and he makes me feel pretty whenever I am around him. This is a good thing but I constantly remind myself where my worth comes from and that is my Creator!

So I set out to start everyday healthier and I am still messing up. I will never been perfect. This is a real struggle for me but I wanted to be honest. I am hoping no longer ignoring the problem will make this a lot easier.

7 comments:

  1. I was sitting on pins and needles, Tara! Thanks for posting and being honest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this. I recently started the South Beach Diet. My whole family is doing it together so that helps. The first phase is two weeks and has been challenging. we have entered the second week now and it is getting easier. It is encouraging to see that eating right and exercising are a continual battle even for someone who has been at it for awhile (a pro if you will). I have to remind myself that it is a struggle for the long haul and I will not always be successful, but that should not stop me from doing my best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your humility!! I appreciate it! I was thinking this morning, as I am a stay at home wife, my only goal every day is to get out and workout (not really but it really really seems like it sometimes!!!). I hate it. It is such a struggle for me to get out of the house, but due to a medical condition, I have to work out every day!!! It is a fight every day!!

    Let us not start everyday with the thought of losing weight or eating healthy, but with the gospel, for in the gospel we will find the energy to fight!!!!!!

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your honesty. That took a lot of courage! You can do it, Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stay strong and do not give up. you have more support than you may realize at times

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally, a new post! I've been checking this 24/7 for over 2 months in anticipation. Can't wait to see y'all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remember, our live tends to go in seasons. Sometimes, God's priorities for us mean that we can't concentrate on our health as much as we'd like. I remember working full-time while having practicals in cosmetology school. It was really tough, but it was only for about a year :)
    --Jonathan's Sis, Courtney

    ReplyDelete