Monday, January 18, 2010

It just won't come off.




















The second picture was taken January of 2009, right after I started losing weight. The first was taking somewhere probably around August of 2009.

I got the a stomach bug this weekend. Boo! I am such a baby when my stomach is upset and I really have the best mom in the world for putting up with me all weekend. I am still not eating normal and I took Friday and Saturday off from exercising. My body really needed this rest but after being off for a couple of days I am always dying to get back to exercising.

My running buddy and I worked on speed yesterday. I am super comfortable at about a 10:30 pace but I am really wanting to work on getting faster as I will be starting to train for a half marathon really soon. I will running it at the end of April. I am extremely excited but also very nervous! I know, for sure, this training is going to push me more than I have been pushed before.

For the past month I have been trying to take off a very stubborn 5lbs. It just won't come off. I have heard time and again though that once your body gets down to a certain weight it gets harder and harder to take it off. I also feel that IF I do lose it, it will come right back because my body seems to be very happy at 148lbs. So I think what I need to do to solve this dilemma is be happy at this weight, continue to work on toning, and be more conscience of my eating than I have. If you have any suggestions, please, let me know!

4 comments:

  1. I watched you go through this whole process and it still amazes me. You are one phenomenal person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. tara! i never got to tell you, but you looked SO great at sandy and adam's wedding. it took me a minute to recognize you! i LOVE your blog and i want to put it on my blog!! keep up the great work!!! you are doing so good.
    ~alicia
    http://aliciascupoftea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always heard that if you change your eating and/or do a completely different exercise routine it will "wake up" your body and help with stubborn weight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tori- You are awesome.... and I love you. : )

    Alicia- Thank you so much. That is really sweet. It was so good to see you at the wedding and I am following your blog now too! : )

    Jess- I have been giving that some thought. I am hoping that cycling will be able to do that for me plus once I start my training I will be running so much that I better lose that extra weight! Haha Love ya girl! : )

    ReplyDelete