Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I enjoy food so I ate... and then I ate some more.

My name is Tara. I have lost 75 lbs since January 2009 and I am 20 years old. That is the basis of this blog. Since I have lost weight my life has changed dramatically. I did it on my own really without a group of people to support me. I did have family and friends that were excited and happy for me but none of them could really understand what I was going through.

Let me back up... I do not mean for this blog to be an outlet for my frustrations but as an encouragement to others.

At 20 I had never been a yo-yo dieter or even really been on a diet. I enjoy food so I ate... and then I ate some more. I despised exercising mostly because I could never keep up with other people but I also really couldn't understand why someone would want to run for "fun." For the life of me I could not grasp the idea of people paying to go run to come in 100th place and it just be for recreational purposes. Yes, I was very self-conscience of myself and had major self-esteem issues but I just excepted it as my fate and blamed it on genes.

But January 2009 my life changed completely. Nothing major or devastating happened in my life to make me want to change I was just simply ready to get my self healthy. Because of this I am convinced that to lose a significant amount of weight you have to be emotionally ready.

In this blog, I want to help people get there. I want to share what I went through, the struggles I have in maintaining my weight, and share my absolute love of running...

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I am so excited about this blog! I really want to learn to eat healthy, and ever since the wedding, I have been constanly thinking about you! You are so beautiful, and I am glad I will get to see your heart through this blog!!! Wohoo for my new fav blog!!!

    I want to be healthy! I am your disciple... Teach me please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are my hero, Tara. You don't know how much I think of you for encouragement already. And now with this blog I'm even more excited. Remember that day when I met you starting your run (after you already worked out I think). I had just ditched my friends while running saying I'd had enough. But we ended up going like 3 more times around. I was so proud of you and of myself that night. Love you, Tara, and can't wait to see you at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara you are such an inspiration! With all the gimmicks out there that promise weight loss its funny how eating right and exercising is really the best and only way to lose weight the healthy way. Good for you! I enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete